Code of Conduct
As a player of Gibraltar Hockey (GH) you are required to comply with this policy. You must meet the following requirements in regard to your conduct and in any role you hold within GH.
- Behave in a sporting manner at all times to all players, officials and spectators.
- Don’t make detrimental statements in respect of the performance of any match officials or umpires.
- Play by the rules at all times and ensure that the game of hockey is not brought into disrepute by your actions.
- Do not engage in inappropriate and/or physical contact with players or officials during the course of play.
- Accept responsibility for all actions taken. Exercise reasonable care to prevent injury by ensuring that you play within the rules. Reasonable care consists of showing due diligence in abiding by the rules and adhering to the officials decisions.
- Adhere to the Anti-Doping Policy advocated by GH and the European Hockey Federation (EHF).
- Do not bet on the outcome or on any other aspect of a hockey match or competition.
- Do not show unnecessary obvious dissension, displeasure or disapproval (by action or verbal abuse) towards an umpire or match official as a consequence of his or her decision or generally.
- Adhere to GH racial and sexual vilification policy.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Don’t do anything which adversely affects or reflects on or discredits the game of hockey, GH, or any squad, team, competition, tournament, sponsor, official supplier or licensee, including, but not limited to, any illegal act or any act of dishonesty or fraud.
- Refrain from using obscene, offensive or insulting language and/or making obscene gestures which may insult other players, officials or spectators.